Sunday, May 22, 2011

Seeing Blue

So I've told you all before how blue really was not my favorite color in decorating, but that it seems to be one of the new hot colors of the season.  Well of course, it is continuing to grow on me.  Still not sure how I feel about the basic blue shade, but I am really love turquoise colors and light blues as accent colors throughout a variety of rooms.  Check out these beauties:
In this room, I love the turquoise sofa.  I don't think I could ever bring myself to buy something like this for fear my taste would change too fast, but I really do love it.

The bright blue pillows make the perfect accent in this white room with the straight, clean lines.  It takes the room from sterile to warm and inviting.  

Love the blue pillows and lamp.  Such a simple accent really can do so much for an otherwise neutral colored room.

Again, the simple blue accent takes this neutral room from simple to absolutely stunning.  And I just adore that upholstered chair.  That color is literally the perfect blue.

I LOVE this dining room.  Literally everything about it.  Everything.

Whats your favorite accent color?

All images via DecorPad




1 comment:

  1. I have the neutral room and want to add blue accents here and there. These photos have given me some really good ideas! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me so happy :) Share some love!