Sunday, May 15, 2011

Only in Chicago (Plus Tortilla Soup Recipe!)

Only in Chicago could you go from having 92 degree weather earlier in the week, and end the week with weather in the 30s and 40s.  It went from summer to winter all within the same week.  Anyways, I am taking advantage of the last of the cold weather (hopefully) by making a big pot of tortilla soup for dinner tonight.  I have been really wanting to make it lately, but I can't when its too hot outside.  

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture, but here is the recipe:

Tortilla Soup
2 cans of black beans (rinsed and drained)
2 cans of Rotel diced tomatoes
1 can of tomato sauce
1 small jar of salsa (I use mild, but you can pick depending on your tastes)
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Mix everything together in the pot (I use my slow cooker).  I actually put the chicken breasts in frozen, and shred them right before we are getting ready to eat.  I cook in the slow cooker on high for about 2-3 hour, then change it to low for about an hour or so, then back to high for another hour.  It is finished in about 4-5 hours.

Top with crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheese, and sour cream.

Super easy, and super delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me so happy :) Share some love!