Thursday, June 7, 2012

Juneathon 2012: Day 7

One week of Juneathon complete!  Woo!  Today was a super busy day for me today, I was off work, and had a to-do list about a mile long.  I think I accomplished all my errands except to pick up the dry cleaning...I got there 5 minutes after they closed.  So sad.  I still have another list of things I need to do around the house/order/online crap, but that can get done throughout the weekend.  Don't you just love productive days.

The Workout
Before heading to the gym...4:30 am.  Looking stunning.

15 minutes on the elliptical-arrived at spinning a bit early, so did a slow warm up before class
60 minutes of spinning-I got up again at 4:15 this morning to go to class, and I was somewhat disappointed.  This was a new teacher to me, and I was not such a huge fan of her class.  Maybe it was just today, but still...when you wake up that early you want to feel like you got in a killer workout.
60 minutes of physical therapy

So today was my first day of PT.  I have a tear in my quadratus femoris muscle, on top of the stress fracture in my hip.  This is a hip rotator muscle, and apparently it is a major muscle for stabilization of the hip.  Which explains my significant pain when walking.  My physical therapist told me he has never ever seen someone tear this muscle...I'm not entirely sure what to make of this.  Also he and my ortho told me that the way the pain is presenting is very off for my injury...this muscle is located towards the butt, and all my pain is isolated in the hip area.  He said it is presenting more as a hip flexor tear...so he did a ton ton ton of evaluation to try to determine the best exercises/stretches for me to do.

I also found out that there are 3 stages of muscle tear-where Stage I is tiny microscopic tears, and Stage III is where the muscle tears and completely separates from the bone, requiring surgery.  He said mine is basically a Stage 2.8...I have significant separation from the bone but not quite enough for surgery.  Yikes.

So now I start PT for the next month at least.  Twice a week.  Should be interesting.

The Eats
Pre-Workout Breakfast: 1/2 cup each of Chocolate + PB Cheerios (I told you I'm obsessed)
Post-Workout Breakfast: Protein Pancakes
Lunch: Fruit Salad with watermelon, pineapple, and kiwi (eaten in the parking lot outside Nordstroms...just keeping it classy up in here)
Dinner: Rotisserie chicken tossed into a salad with FF Italian dressing.  Thank you Costco.
Snack: Gianormous bowl of watermelon (I'm obsessed...post coming soon)
Delicious dinner.  I love dinners on nights of Costco trips.  They have the legit best chicken.

Basically my whole day was filled with twenty thousand errands, so I'm off to read approximately 2 pages of my book before I crash.  Night all.

New compression socks came in the mail today.  If only I could run.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me so happy :) Share some love!