Friday, May 4, 2012

Disapperance

Oopsies...looks like I fell off the face of the earth for a little bit.  I've been away for the past week with NO internet access...horrible.  For an internet addict, only having the 3G on my iPhone was literally killer.  I've got lots of posts planned, updates to come, and fun things to share.  For now, a little update on my life.

I'm injured.  Cue the violins...the tears...the Kleenex.  I have been training hard for a half marathon for the past few months.  I've been running wonderfully, following my schedule and slowly building up my miles.  There were cross-training days, rest days, and plenty of build up.  Until Monday.  I went on a long run, and on Tuesday morning, I could barely get up out of bed.  I was experiencing some excruciating hip pain, and could literally barely walk.  

I started a routine of icing, Ibuprofen, and rest as much as possible.  That was Monday, the last time I've worked out this week.  No running, no working out even.  Unfortunately, the pain has been persistent, so I headed off to the doctor today.  As I figured, I've got an overuse injury to my hip flexor.  Basically, the doctor prescribed Aleve, ice, and 6 weeks of rest.

This is devastating.  6 weeks.  I have 2 half marathons scheduled in the next month.  I've been working so hard, training has been going so well, and it all seems ruined.  I'm hoping I can cut the 6 weeks down by a little bit, and at least maybe attempt to run of one of halfs.  The doc said it is basically up to my own discretion, so fingers crossed, I'll heal up a little faster than that.  

Keep your fingers crossed! I could use it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me so happy :) Share some love!