Sunday, May 6, 2012

Getting Started: What I Did

I figured for those of you who are wanting to get started on getting in shape and losing weight, plus leading a healthier lifestyle, I would share some of my "essentials" that helped kick start my journey.  Since starting, some of my tastes have changed, and I've found new products that I can't live without, so I'll be sharing those with you as well.  Get ready...and learn about some of my personal favorite products.

In the beginning, I was too embarrassed to go to the gym and actually work out in front of other people.  I felt like my stamina was so low, and I didn't want to see people that I potential know while I was huffing, puffing, and struggling through my workouts.  So, I decided to start working out in my own home.

I bought a Wii, and with it, bought Wii Fit.
With the Wii Fit, I also found some cool accessories, my favorite being the Aerobic Step Platform.
I would wake up in the morning, and do this for about 20 minutes.  Let me tell you, at first, this was exhausting.  I would put on some good music, and step up and down as fast as my little legs would let me.  It was a great way to start working out, and really got my heart pumping.

My other favorite thing to do on the Wii, which really started getting me in the habit of working out daily, was Wii Zumba 2.

This is what finally got me feeling like exercise was fun, and I enjoyed doing it.  The dances were fun, I liked beating my own scores, and I could do it in the comfort and privacy of my own house.  Can't beat that.

Have any of you used the Wii to work out?  Any favorite games?


I am not being compensated for this post.  All products were purchased on my own, and my reviews are my own personal opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me so happy :) Share some love!