Thursday, June 30, 2011

4th of July Dessert

Its officially the weekend :) For me at least.  And the people I nanny for are off to Hawaii on Saturday, so I am officially off work for the next week.  Yay yay yay!  In preparation for our 4th of July BBQ on Sunday, I wanted to share with you a recipe from Pillsbury that is to die for.  I made it last year and it was such a hit that it will be served again this year.  

Ingredients
 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookies
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
2 cups fresh raspberries
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
1/4 cup apple jelly, melted

Directions
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray.  Cut cookie dough into 1/4 inch slices; place in pan.  With floured fingers, press evenly over bottom to form crust.

2. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown.  Cool completely, about 25 minutes.

3. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and lemon peel until fluffy.  Spread over baked crust.  Arrange raspberries in large star shape in center.  Arrange blueberries around raspberries.  Drizzle or brush with melted jelly.  Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.  Store in refrigerator.

Its amazing, and its super easy to make! I actually omit the melted jelly, and it is still delish.  The lemon peel zest tastes soo good, I think last year I ended up grating the peel off of two lemons.  Enjoy!

Image and recipe via Pillsbury


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me so happy :) Share some love!