Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Nightstand


Holy cow...can you believe it is almost the end of September? I certainly can't. School is actually flying by, but its keeping me constantly busy. Next week is my last week on my psychiatric floor rotation, then I'm on to pediatrics for the rest of the semester. I must say I cannot wait!

So for a while now, I've been saying how I did all these DIY's this summer, but I keep forgetting to post pictures. Well...here is one of my favorite projects from the summer.
Before:

I picked up this little guy at Goodwill for $4.99.  As soon as I saw it, I was ecstatic.  I have been seeing posts everywhere of beautiful drop-leaf tables used as nightstands, and I wanted to make one of my own.  It was actually in decent condition, just a little sanding was needed on top.  I also found this lamp at Goodwill for cheap too, and knew it would be the perfect lamp for atop my new night stand.

And the after:



A few coats of primer and some white paint, and this baby looks brand new!  I took apart the lamp and spray painted the gold bottom black, and with that lampshade from HomeGoods, it looks brand new!  The plate and silver candle holder are Goodwill finds, and the pink bowl with the decorative glass balls are from Homegoods.  I keep a basket underneath to keep all my toiletries like contacts solution, glasses, etc.  So now I have my own pretty little nightstand :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me so happy :) Share some love!