Friday, March 19, 2010

It's A Boy!!


This semester, I am in my Women's Health clinical rotation. Normally, we spend our time on the postpartum floor, which is a little boring to say the least. For the most part, its full of healthy women who just want to be left alone to spend time with their new baby. But for the last two days I was fortunate enough to be able to go to labor and delivery and see two babies born!! Both of them were healthy baby boys! The first day it was planned that I was going to go (we get to go to L&D once during the rotation and see a C-section once), but the second day was pure luck. I had a patient who was admitted to ante-partum for observation, and then they decided to move her over to L&D. So while my patient was sleeping, I got to go observe the birth of another patient. It was amazing. I want to be a midwife in the future, so these were the two best clinical days I've ever experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me so happy :) Share some love!