Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Nursing

I know I've said this before, but this semester I'm doing my women's health clinical rotation for nursing school. For a long time, I've thought I wanted to work in Labor and Delivery, but you never truly know until you are in that clinical situation. So far, I've loved every minute that I'm there. We are in post-partum most of the time, which is pretty boring, but I got to go to L&D again today. Its just amazing!! I had such an exciting day. I got to watch an epidural being put in (OW!!) and then I got to start a Foley catheter for the first time ever. Then I was in the delivery room with a woman who after 2.5 hours of labor and a vacuum delivery, had a healthy baby boy!! So exciting, I get such an adrenaline rush from it all.

I can't wait to go back tomorrow and see the mom and baby in postpartum. For now...the studying/homework continues. Is is summer yet?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me so happy :) Share some love!