Monday, November 28, 2011

Tis the Season

Sorry I disappeared for a few days! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with family, delicious food, and a lot to be thankful for!  We had a great Thanksgiving over here...minus the fact that my mom got the stomach flu that morning and couldn't make it to Thanksgiving dinner.  And now...let the Christmas season begin!  It seems like the world lit up overnight with Christmas lights.  We have put our Christmas tree up and will be working on the rest of the decorations this week.  So exciting!

Over the next month I will be posting tons of Christmas decoration ideas for you to feast your eyes upon.  Maybe you'll find a new idea that will be just perfect for you!  Tonight...lets start with Christmas mantels.
Simple lighted garland and a strand of ornaments.  Some simple decorations on top behind the garland add a special touch of magic.  I love using silver or gold.
Use a chalkboard and add a fun Christmas saying.  Below, simple garland is all that is necessary.
Stockings hung by silver holders.  I love how all the stockings are basically the same, but each has something unique.
Go rustic.  Green garland, red berries, white lights, and some brown and gold look so traditional and elegant.
Add some lighted garland with some big ornaments.  I love the "Believe" banner across the fireplace.  You could get so creative.
Again, use ornaments with a saying across the fireplace.  I love the silver and hold decorations against the white fireplace.  
A mini tree and some nutcrackers with candles is cute and festive.
I love the reds and greens! The poinsettias add a fabulous touch of color!

Tell me...what do you add to your fireplace?  Stockings?  Or some other tradition that you have developed?

All images via HGTV


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me so happy :) Share some love!