Friday, August 27, 2010

Bar Cart!

Well of course I got busy last night so my post did not go as planned. But here is my reveal. I took that ugly gold and brown cart, spray painted it black, and we now have a fabulous bar cart for out apartment!!

Before I started I gave the whole cart a good wash and then used some steal wool to smooth everything out and get the dirt away. I used Krylon black gloss spray paint and then finished with some Rustoleum protective gloss coat in black.

The mirrored tray on the top shelf is from Target, and its my favorite part of the cart!

I found these one day when I was out shopping at Michaels and I really loved the idea of having peacock feathers somewhere. They have found a home here for now, and I really like them there. The blues really brighten it up, and I think they look beautiful!

I got most of these bottles from Goodwill. I have been meaning to paint some labels with chalkboard paint and tie then with some pretty ribbon so that we can label what is in the bottles. The pink bottles are from Homegoods.

These glasses are mostly from Goodwill too. I really like the silver ones, I was so glad that I could get six of them.

So this was a fairly easy DIY, and it was so much fun to fill. We haven't gotten much use out of it yet, but as they say, its 5 o'clock somewhere. So come join me for a drink!!

1 comment:

Comments make me so happy :) Share some love!