Saturday, June 2, 2012

Juneathon 2012: Day 2

I was riding the struggle bus this morning hardcore.  Last night I looked up the class schedule at the gym today, and really wanted to go to the 10:15 yoga class.  So my tired, delusional self decided I would get up early, swim for at least an hour, then shower and go to yoga.  Fail.  I reset my alarm like 100 times this morning because I was so tired.  Never went to yoga.

This is something I really struggle with.  I wish I could be someone who could get up early in the morning and get my workout done.  But I just can't.  One of my goals is to start getting up early twice per week so that I can take a spinning class before week on the mornings they are offered early.  I know that once I am able to get back into running, I'm going to need to get my runs done earlier in the day due to the heat.  But I so terribly struggle with getting up early and getting my butt moving.  Le sigh.  Any tips?

Anywho...
The Workout

75 minutes of swimming.  Approximately 6200 meters.  I think I kept my count pretty good, so that may actually be exact.  I was wiped out after all that boring swimming, so I plopped my booty in the sauna for a few minutes and then heading home.

I'm praying and keeping my fingers crossed that all this swimming will help keep my cardio endurance up so that when I'm back running I'm not dying and gasping for air.  Hopefully.

The Eats
I know you probably don't give a crap what I eat from meal to meal, but I'm gonna tell you anyways.  Maybe it will help hold me accountable and make me eat healthy throughout the whole month.  We'll see.

Breakfast: Protein pancakes

Pre-Workout Snack: A handful of chocolate Cheerios and a handful of peanut butter Cheerios.
Side Note-have you tried the PB Cheerios.  They are oh-my-gosh-so-delicious.  They are my new favorite snack.  Not kidding.

Lunch: Fruit Salad, consisting of watermelon, pineapple, and strawberries

I'm heading to 1, 2, or 3 graduation parties today and then out to the bars for the evening, so I have no idea what dinner plans will be.  I plan on keeping the boozing to a minimum (remember...I'm crutching around), and hopefully stick to eating healthy.  Maybe I can grab a drive-thru salad somewhere between the parties.

I really want to start adding pictures to my posts.  Goal for tomorrow.

Hope you have a wonderful Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me so happy :) Share some love!