Sunday, June 10, 2012

Juneathon 2012: Day 10

Wow...can you believe that June is already 1/3 of the way over?  Seriously...where does time go?  Its crazy.  Also, did the weekend fly by to anyone else?  I can't believe I'm already facing another week of work.  I miss being in school where I had the summer off to relax and have fun.  

Despite another day of fabulous weather, I pretty much stayed put inside because being in the sun aggravated my sunburned skin x 1000.  Today I would have ran a half marathon...if I didn't get injured.  I hope the race went well for everyone, and that nobody suffered because of the heat.  

Today I had a full day.  I got up early and hit the gym for a while, then ran to the grocery store, and have been doing some chores around the house trying to get organized for the week.  I still have a few loads of laundry left I'd like to get through before I turn in for the night, and some papers to go through, so it won't  be a relaxing, lazy night.  I've got a 5 day work week this week, so I won't have much time to get anything done during the week.

The Workout
50 minutes on the elliptical for a total of 6.56 miles-Again, I switched between two different machines.  I was able to increase my resistance a little bit.  Still having some pain, but I feel like I'm getting that much closer to running again.
60 minutes of spin class-This instructor had a thing for hills and working your abs.  I was drained and not as mentally into the class as I would have liked.
1.5 mile walk with the puppy dog tonight

The Eats
Breakfast: Protein Pancakes
Lunch: Smoothie from a banana, strawberries, and spinach.  Plus a little bit of Chocolate + PB Cheerios
Dinner: Zucchini bites + 1/2 piece Tyson breaded chicken breast tenderloins (if you haven't tried these...you should.  They're from Costco and they're wonderful)
Snacks: Cherries and too much watermelon

Time to be productive.  I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me so happy :) Share some love!