Saturday, January 30, 2010

Hm....


Sooo...its a Saturday, and what am I doing? Staying in and studying. Booo! Two tests on Monday, one in patho/pharm and one in med-surg. I've been trying to study all day, and my brain is just ready to explode. Yikes! So in between my studying I've been talking long breaks to look at some blogs and different things online. Wayyy to distracting, but I've been discovering lots of new things:

1. My love for all things distressed. I've always liked this style of furniture, but the more I see it, the more I fall in love. I could never picture decorating an entire house with it, I think it would be a little bit too beachy/relaxed for me, but it could definately work for certain rooms. Bedrooms are my fav, but I keep seeing distressed china cabinets that I love. I found this picture online for a bathroom, how perfect is that cabinet?! I prefer more all white distressing, this has some green/blue paint, but I love the idea of it. I have decided that this summer, when school is finally over, I am going to learn how to distress furniture!! Wooo! I plan on finding something at a garage sale to start with, so that way it is not a big deal if I don't like how it turns out. So for now, I'm looking up different techniques of what to do!!




2. Quilts. I've been wanting a quilt for FOREVER, I think they are so beautiful. Right now, I really have no place for one though. My room at home has bedding that matches the rest of the room, and the room in my apartment does not deserve a quilt because I would probably ruin it with pen and highlighter and food, because I live in my bed during school. So, I'm left dreaming for one when I have my own future apartment.... I spent forever looking on Etsy the other night at some of the beautiful quilts people have created, and just fell in love. I recently saw one in a magazine that I wanted terribly, but for the life of me I cannot remember the maganize!! Don't you just hate when that happens?! Here's the one I love on Etsy, and its only $60. Not big enough for an entire bed, but it would look beautiful as a throw!! Hint hint boyfriend...It's almost valentine's day. :)


Image via

3. Fleece Sheets. So in has gotten to be quite chilly in the good 'ole Windy City lately, and let me tell you, I am not a fan! My apartment is freezing and the three big windows in my room do not help. I keep my space heater on all the time, and still...freezing. So for those of you who haven't discovered fleece sheets, GO GET SOME!! They are soo snuggly and warm, perfect for these freezing cold winter nights. My aunt got my a chocolate brown set this year, and I'm now a fleece sheet convert. The only problem is, when morning comes, I do not want to get out of their snuggly warmth.



Wouldn't you just love to crawl into this bed every night?
Well, that is all for tonight I guess. I hope everyone is having a more exciting Saturday then I am. It's back to the books, lets keep those fingers crossed for an A!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me so happy :) Share some love!